WE’RE AN ORGANIZATION THAT FOCUSES ON THE POSITIVE.
Links for Life was started in 1992 by Sharyn Woods and Carol Barraza to promote breast cancer awareness and provide services for women coping with cancer. We serve Kern County persons and families.
Our Mission as an organization is:
- To Provide an organization to benefit persons and families affected by breast cancer.
- To Challenge each woman in Kern County to be aware of her breast health and promote support for those affected.
- To Educate the general public about breast health.
Encouraged by our accomplishments to date, we are determined to continue the battle against breast cancer by meeting the needs of the community in which we live.
COMMUNITY HEALTH PARTNERS
- Adventist Health Bakersfield
- Clinica Sierra Vista
- Kern Family Health Care
- Kern Medical Center
- Kern Radiology
- Mercy Hospitals of Bakersfield/Special Needs Dept.
- Omni Family Health
- Planned Parenthood
- Quest Imaging
- Stockdale Radiology
- Tehachapi Valley Healthcare
- Truxtun Radiology
- Valley Imaging Medical Center
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Irma Cervantes, BCSD
- Past President
Charlotte Brandt, Links for Life Ambassador
Brooke Baird, Brown Armstrong
Victoria Hurtado, Kern Health Systems
- Honorary Life Member
Stana Bright, Links for Life Ambassador
- Community Engagement
Michael (Tigger) McAllister, REDtrac
- Outreach & Programs
Danyell Deckard, Quest Imaging
Jenny Lavers, AIS Cancer Center
- Public Relations
Maritza Jimenez, Kern Health Systems
- Volunteer Development & Education
Gabriela Vasquez, Carniceria La Carreta
- Members at Large
Susie Aspeitia, CBCC
Priscilla Bacus, Links for Life Ambassador
Sylvia Cariker, KUZZ
Kelly Woods, Wonderful Farms